Saturday, March 19, 2011

Man Smashes Guitar To Prove America’s Dominance

In attempts to prove that America is still the best country in the world, Karil Augustine smashed a Gibson guitar on a cement pillar to prove its durability.

"I could have thrown an apple pie at a clown on the forth of July while eating a hot dog, but instead I smashed a guitar. I figured that would be best for America," explained Augustine.



“I swung that thing as hard as I could and it barely even damaged. Try smashing a Yamaha against a cement pillar six times and see how well that holds up,” said Augustine.

The video's diplomatic influenced has been overwhelming. Irishman, Patrick O’Flannery, changed his opinion about America after watching the footage.

“It really influenced my thoughts on America. I used to think they were a bunch of wimps, but that guitar was tough as nails. It's strangely patriotic and actually made wish I was American,” O’Flannery told reporters after waking up face down and butt naked in an abandoned office building after St. Patrick's Day celebration.

2 comments:

  1. The problem is Epiphones have not been made in the US since 1970! He didn't play it so we could hear how it sounded before and after. Often "tough" guitars sound like crap! If he were really daringl, he'd take a $6,000 Gibson pre-war 200 acoustic and see how it holds up to the pillar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the correction. For the sake of this blog I have changed the Asian made Epiphone to an American made Gibson. From what I understand though Gibson owns Epiphone. Either way a guy is smashing something for no reason, which is the heart of what America is all about.

    ReplyDelete